Things You May Not Have Heard About Yoga!
- Do not look at your body as you would a stranger. Adopt a friendly approach to it…………..be sensitive, be alive/
- Do Yoga for Spirit
- Do Yoga for health
- Do Yoga for fun
- Elongate, open…..extend through the exhalation. (this is helped through gravity and breathing)
- Holding your breath is counterproductive, this blocks expansion.
- All breathing is done through the nose, with a few exceptions.
- Learn Diaphramic-Breathing….lie on your back with a small book on your abdomen, and if your breathing correctly the book should be going up and down. (very important)
- Do the postures without aim, without competition.
- Circle around until you find a fit for your body.
- Do not let your mind wander….be completely here.
- The positions help to extend the space between the vertebrae, relieving the stress to the spinal cord, accumulated during the day’s activities.
- Bring suppleness, youth, back to parts of the body that have tightened.
- All movements originate from the spine.
- Sometimes unexpected things happen, that cannot easily be explained. When tension leaves, tears, joy, bliss come up.
- Pushed by rush most of the time…we are compressed, mean and narrow minded. Let this moment penetrate your hearts.
Yoga Acharya, as taught by his Guru; Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati
Follow this Link for more information on Swami’s Yoga :<a href=”http://www.thumbtack.com/Kali-Natha-Yoga-the-yoga-of-developing-the-Mystic-within-you-Los-Angeles-CA/service/1062451″>Kali Natha Yoga, the yoga of developing the Mystic within you.</a>
Love this post, Swami! Love you much! Shakti Durgaya
Love your picture; love the words. You’re the greatest and best yoga teacher because you got the inside and outside going. Love you, Uma