Keeping Your Spine Supple and Age with Wisdom
As we age, we shrink. When your spine becomes tight and stiff, it slows you down as you begin limiting activities that once you did easily. Now you might find yourself running after your children, and doing a lot of lifting and playing with them and this activity alone requires a Spine that needs a daily tune-up.
I have continued to do Yoga for almost forty years now. Through several careers, injuries, sports etc.. I did Yoga because no matter if I was running miles everyday, earning a Black Belt in Taekwondo, weight lifting, playing Tennis, or ocean swimming, I always remembered how my body enjoyed itself as a child and I wanted to keep myself as close to that ideal as I could. So no matter what activity I did I always included Yoga. As I continued, I learned the mysteries about how one can use the Breath for energy, vitality and then, a door opened to Meditation. I have all these tools that I have shared with individuals and groups. Now, I live in Los Angeles and am looking for private clients who not only want, but need to have something that they can integrate into their lives that will bring it back into balance. I have clients that require only a session for a refresher, and I have those that I teach for 90 minutes a week. I am as thrilled as my students that what took me so many years to understand they are getting much faster than I did. That is what a true teacher is. Their lessons, teachings are written on their bones (as my beloved teacher use to tell me.) So when someone in session asks me a question, the answer comes and it is like I am hearing the answer in the same moment that they are.
Go to my Web Site at https://johnshinavier.com/yoga-instructor/ or go to https://www.thumbtack.com/profile/services/Gko2ZG9HhMNLfQ/ for more info. Call me at 310-402-3130
There are two ways of arriving at a ripe old age; ready to take on the world, or fade away and become invisible. Since I’ve reached such an age only a few days ago. I thought that I would share what I have learned.
- Eat only when your hungry and always in smaller portions.
- A full 8 hrs. sleep is at the top of the list for mental sharpness.
- Meditation will not only reveal your own wisdom, but has been shown in studies to lengthen ones life.
- Stop talking, respond less, and listen more.
- Review the supplements your taking and read up on magnesium.
- If you’ve had life long depression, and have not taken care of it, then this period of your life will be hellish.
- Exercise, move your body. Gardening, and housework are not counted as exercise.
- Pride takes on a better meaning and is more internal. You can’t still be that insecure?
- Find a place in your community where you can do some selfless service. You always receive more than you give.
- By this time in your life, you should know to spend your time with friends that are supportive and less opinionated.
- Stop being rushed into activities that you don’t want to do. Make “I’ll have to get back to you” your standard reply.
- If your not alone, practice it. Loneliness is based on regret and dependence.
- Greet strangers on the street or throughout your day. It takes you out of your own troubles and makes you and someone else happier.
- Wear what ever makes you happy. You’ve earned the label eccentric.
- By now your aware of what makes you happy and what makes you sad. Do more of the first.
- Stop swearing. It was freeing when you were young, but now just makes others feel sorry for you.
- Above all, on a daily basis be GRATEFUL, especially when your feeling sorry for yourself. It’s a powerful word that’s taken me a lifetime to arrive at, and the most important word to use as often as you can.
John Shinavier, MA, RYT, Life Coach