There are two ways of arriving at a ripe old age; ready to take on the world, or fade away and become invisible. Since I’ve reached such an age only a few days ago. I thought that I would share what I have learned.
- Eat only when your hungry and always in smaller portions.
- A full 8 hrs. sleep is at the top of the list for mental sharpness.
- Meditation will not only reveal your own wisdom, but has been shown in studies to lengthen ones life.
- Stop talking, respond less, and listen more.
- Review the supplements your taking and read up on magnesium.
- If you’ve had life long depression, and have not taken care of it, then this period of your life will be hellish.
- Exercise, move your body. Gardening, and housework are not counted as exercise.
- Pride takes on a better meaning and is more internal. You can’t still be that insecure?
- Find a place in your community where you can do some selfless service. You always receive more than you give.
- By this time in your life, you should know to spend your time with friends that are supportive and less opinionated.
- Stop being rushed into activities that you don’t want to do. Make “I’ll have to get back to you” your standard reply.
- If your not alone, practice it. Loneliness is based on regret and dependence.
- Greet strangers on the street or throughout your day. It takes you out of your own troubles and makes you and someone else happier.
- Wear what ever makes you happy. You’ve earned the label eccentric.
- By now your aware of what makes you happy and what makes you sad. Do more of the first.
- Stop swearing. It was freeing when you were young, but now just makes others feel sorry for you.
- Above all, on a daily basis be GRATEFUL, especially when your feeling sorry for yourself. It’s a powerful word that’s taken me a lifetime to arrive at, and the most important word to use as often as you can.
John Shinavier, MA, RYT, Life Coach
Reblogged this on John Shinavier – MA, RYT, LC.
Thanks John, some things to reflect on here. See you real soon…. PR
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 19:57:18 +0000 To: firstname.lastname@example.org